June 8, 2009

Twilight - I don't get it..

You are probably aware of the Twilight phenomenon raging across the globe as we speak. Trouble is, I can't get into it. Now don't get me wrong, I love a good horror flick, just ask my friends. Vampires (From Dusk Til Dawn, 30 Days of Night), Zombies (28 Days Later, 28 Weeks later, Day of the Dead) or Werewolves (Dog Soldiers, Ginger Snaps) are what I am into. And it's even better when it's a cold and rainy night and The Hubbster is working night shift. So I have to put myself to bed. I'm strange like that.

So I watched the movie, and it was good. And I am reading the first book. And I am really trying to get into the groove, because I want to fall in love with Edward too. Some of my facebook friends post comments such as:-

- Bite me Edward
- I wish my husband was Edward
- I want to be Bella
- I wish my husband was a Vampire
- I wish I was a Vampire
- Dreaming of my Vampire lover

I think my indifference is coming from these facts:-


1) I can't get into Rob Pattison, who plays Edward. He's just not doing it for me.

Now if Edward was played by Josh Hartnett, who nearly makes me wet my pants, I would be totally hooked. Here he is. He played the lead in 30 Days of Night

And Again.
And in case you missed it.


2) There's not alot of "steam" in the story. Yes, yes I know the whole thing is directed at teenagers, but what about us housewives who like a bit of bodice ripping? I even joined Twilight Moms. I suppose the success of the story could just be the innocence and romance of it all. But I like my vampires with a hint of unbridled passion. I'm strange like that.

See, I'm really trying. So I am going to watch the movie again this week, keep reading the book, and try to connect with Edward. And I'll report back on my progress. Am I the only one that just doesn't get IT??

9 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I feel you........I just don't "get" Twilite but if Josh Hartnett were in it, I think I'd try a little harder, lol.
Fantastic blog you have going here.
Take good care and........

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Barbara said...

Mmmmm Josh Hartnett, I so totally get that *snigger*

Farmers Wifey said...

Now girls, that's what I'm talking about!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I read the books first and love them...however was really disappointed in the movie when I saw it (after reading all 4 books)...cannot explain it..they just hooked me well and truly....Mind you I had no preconceived ideas about what the characters looked or sounded like since i hadn't seen the move at all....Bella for me just didn't cut it in the movie...she sounds all wrong!!

Maybe I like it because I am NOT a horror/vampire/werewolf etc etc fan???
Lynda
p.s. please note Josh Harnett would be rather nice!!! Don't suppose "my Rob" would work, would he?hahahah

helloally said...

oooooooo mmmmmm g i so cant get into twilight!!
..josh harnett tho well thats totally another story ...mmhhmmm

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm with you.....maybe we should start a "Josh Hartnett Moms"!!

Farmers Wifey said...

Lynda, I really wish I hadn't watched the movie and just stayed with the books. Then I wouldn't have a visual idea of what Edward looked like. I would be picturing Josh Hartnett..

Helloally, get into the story with me. Cmon let's be daring...

Terri, great idea. You and me be the first to join lolol

boynevicki44 said...

The only real Twilight freak I know is Toni at Middlemount! She reckons I should definitely read the books.....will make me feel young again!!!! Jeeez, I'm not that old.....maybe I am....who's Josh Hartnett????
Keep up the good blogs and don't use that word in the paddock IMFAO!!!!

Unknown said...

Haha my teens liked two of the books but thought the movie sucked hard.

As Dev and her friends say Edward was Drop Dead LICK THE FLOOR Gorgeous and Rob Pattison isn't even pass out touch the floor mildly attractive.